Tuesday, December 15, 2009

conclusion

I was shocked about how much I learned about sports during this class. I thought I was going to know most of what we learned but I was wrong. There is so much to learn about sports that no one will ever know it all. The selected topics were good ones although I feel some important aspects of sport is left out like motorsport and hockey.
The part I liked about the class the most was the blogs. At first I thought they were annoying and a waste of time I found myself enjoying writing every blog. I also enjoyed reading and commenting on others blogs. I also enjoyed seeing what everyone else thought about the different topics pertaining to sport. Often times after the ethical issue projects no one would voice their opinions but instead voice them using the blog. It was nice to have the blogs; it was away for people to feel more comfortable about voicing their opinions.
I also really enjoyed hearing the ethical presentations. I liked when groups selected current topics to talk about. I thought everyone was going to do previous issues like Pete Rose, but I was wrong. This put a swing on the class that made me enjoy it more.
Overall this was a great class. Although, I don’t see how it will help me greatly in my future career it has made a slight impact. I know more about different sports now and hope to take that to different jobs I have.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you felt that you learned a lot about different sports Megan. I always learn a lot from the students, through blogs as well as the ethical issue presentations. I agree that we need to talk more about hockey for sure. As for motor sports, I will have to think about how to fit that in to future classes. There are definitely some subjects that Rader just doesn't cover enough, if at all. Good luck in your future career. I enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete